20 Motivational Quotes for Corporate Prayer
There are times in life, there’s nothing else to do but simply cry out to the LORD. There’s nothing else to do but pray.
In whatever circumstances of those things that stand before our eyes so often has impacts on our lives that affects our lives. It may be a good thing that is, but maybe more so a negative way as a result you don’t see God in the whole midst of it.
I pray these quotes will minister to you as mush did to my soul.
1. “Prayer is keeping company with God.” – Clement of Alexandria
2. “It is not enough to begin to pray, nor to pray aright; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray; but we must pray patiently, believing, continue in prayer until we obtain an answer.” – George Mueller
3. “All good is born in prayer, and all good springs from it.” – C. H. Spurgeon
4. “Many of the most blessed seasons of prayer I have ever known have begun with the feeling of utter deadness and prayerlessness; but in my helplessness and coldness I have cast myself upon God, and looked to Him to send His Holy Spirit to teach me to pray, and He has done it.” – R.A. Torrey
5. “O Lord, grant that I may do Thy will as if it were my will, so that Thou mayest do my will as if it were Thy will.” – Augustine
6. “Pray often; for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.” – John Bunyan
7. “Prayer is the soul’s breathing itself into the bosom of its heavenly Father.” – Thomas Watson
8. “If we pray among a select society of Christians, we draw near to God with holy boldness, something like what we use in our duties of secret worship. We have reason to take more freedom among fellow saints and whose hearts have felt many of the same workings as our own.”– Isaac Watts
9. “We are to pray only for what God has promised, and for the communication of it unto us in that way whereby he will work it and effect it.” – John Owen
10. “A congregation without a prayer meeting is essentially defective in its organization, and so must be limited in its efficiency.” – J. B. Johnston
11. “It must be because I live too little in the Spirit that my prayer is to little in the Spirit.” – Andrew Murray
12. “The power of the Church truly to bless rests on intercession—asking and receiving heavenly gifts to carry to men.” – E. M. Bounds
13. “What we cannot obtain by solitary prayer we may by social…because where our individual strength fails, there union and concord are effectual.” – Chrysostom
14. “All good is born in prayer, and all good springs from it.” – C. H. Spurgeon
15. “Doubtful prayer is no prayer at all.” – John Calvin
16. “Give me Scotland or I die.” – John Knox
17. “I am convinced that when a Christian rightly prays the Lord’s prayer…His praying is more than adequate.” – Martin Luther
18. “I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me.” – Hudson Taylor
19. “Is not the lack of urgent desire, rather than the lack of adequate time, at the root of our meager praying?” –J. Oswald Sanders
20. “When God intends great mercy for His peoples, the first thing He does is to set them a-praying.” – Matthew Henry