I love the word GRACE, which is God’s unmerited favor.
Some preachers used it as an acronym as, “God’s Righteousness At Christ’ Expense.” For as followers of Christ, we know how the Christian life is indeed all about grace.
Ephesians 2:8 even says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Therefore, Christians can never be good enough to inherit eternal life. In fact, nothing we can do to inherit this eternal life and cure the problem within our heart called, “sin.”
Eternal life in Christ Jesus is indeed a free gift that came with a price. It was paid in full in Jesus Christ on the cross. And this grace is God’s undeserved gift for mankind.
Here are 25 Christians quotes on the grace of God.
1. “Grow in the root of all grace, which is faith. Believe God’s promises more firmly than ever. Allow your faith to increase in its fullness, firmness, and simplicity.” – Charles Spurgeon
2. “Certainly we should be very active in seeking God, and Jesus himself called us to ‘ask, seek, knock’ in order to find him. Yet those who enter a relationship with God inevitably look back and recognize that God’s grace had sought them out, breaking them open to new realities.” – Tim Keller
3. “The presence of any humility in my life is purely and completely an evidence of God’s grace. From my perspective, I am not a humble man. I am a proud man pursuing humility by the grace of God.” – C. J. Mahaney
4. “How wonderful to know that Christianity is more than a padded pew or a dim cathedral, but that it is a real, living, daily experience which goes on from grace to grace.” – Jim Elliot
5. “Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.” – Martin Luther
6. “I am graven on the palms of His hands. I am never out of His mind. All my knowledge of Him depends on His sustained initiative in knowing me. I know Him, because He first knew me, and continues to know me. He knows me as a friend, One who loves me; and there is no moment when His eye is off me, or His attention distracted for me, and no moment, therefore, when His care falters.” – J. I. Packer
7. “God’s mercy and grace give me hope – for myself, and for our world.” – Billy Graham
8. “Augustine does not disagree with this when he teaches that it is a faculty of the reason and the will to choose good with the assistance of grace; evil, when grace is absent.” – John Calvin
9. “And you know, when you’ve experienced grace and you feel like you’ve been forgiven, you’re a lot more forgiving of other people. You’re a lot more gracious to others.” – Rick Warren
10. “The assurance of Heaven is never given to the person. And that’s why at the core of the Christian faith is the grace of God. If there’s one word I would grab from all of that, it’s forgiveness – that you can be forgiven. I can be forgiven, and it is of the grace of God. But once you understand that, I think the ramifications are worldwide.” – Ravi Zacharias
11. “That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell.” – Thomas Aquinas
12. “Grace must find expression in life, otherwise it is not grace.” – Karl Barth
13. “It was not any grace in me, but God that put this earnest care into my heart, that I should be one of the hunters or fishers whom long ago God foreshowed would come in the last days.” – Saint Patrick
14. “Thank the Lord for using each person as a tool in your life to deepen your insight into His grace and conforming you to the image of His Son.” – Charles Stanley
15. “A man can no more take in a supply of grace for the future than he can eat enough today to last him for the next 6 months, nor can he inhale sufficient air into his lungs with one breath to sustain life for a week to come. We are permitted to draw upon God’s store of grace from day to day as we need it.” – Dwight L. Moody
16. “Some days we may be more acutely conscious of our sinfulness and hence more aware of our need of His grace, but there is never a day when we can stand before Him on our own two feet of performance, when we are worthy enough to deserve His blessing.” – Jerry Bridges
17.. “By and large, the gospel of grace is neither proclaimed, understood, nor lived.” – Brennan Manning
18. “Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected.” – Jonathan Edwards
19. “The house built on the sand may oftentimes be built higher, have more fair parapets and battlements, windows and ornaments, than that which is built upon the rock; yet all gifts and privileges equal not one grace.” – John Owen
20. “I wrote a book on grace, and grace is a free gift, but to receive the gift you have to have your hands open. And a lot of people don’t have their hands open, there’s something they’re grasping because there’s a lot of things to grasp in a prosperous country.” – Philip Yancey
21. “Grace can neither be bought, earned, or won by the creature. If it could be, it would cease to be grace.” – A. W. Pink
22. “The only man who has the right to say that he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
23. “If I’m not showing grace . . . have I forgotten the grace I’ve been shown?” – John MacArthur
24. “All the grace contained in [the Bible] is owing to Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior; and, unless we consent to Him as our Lord we cannot expect any benefit by Him as our Savior.” – Matthew Henry
25. “Abounding sin is the terror of the world, but abounding grace is the hope of mankind.” – A. W. Tozer
What other quotes would you add to the list?