I was just looking back on the past several years with the saints who have impacted me in incredible ways.
– J.I. Packer (2011)
– Dallas Willard (2013)
– Jerry Bridges (2016)
– R.C. Sproul (2017)
– Eugene Peterson (2018)
– Warren Wiersbe (2019)
And now, Ravi Zacharias who passed into eternity and now in the presence of our LORD Savior Jesus Christ (Thursday, May 21st).
Ravi Zacharias is perhaps one of the greatest Christian apologists of all times. He was a giant of a faith who has impacted my life forever. I thank God for him and his ministry. His legacy will live on and I sure will miss him on this side of eternity.
I remember first encountering Ravi Zacharias’s writing as a new convert still learning and growing in the Lord as a high school student.
At the time, I was living in Penang Malaysia and read the book, “Jesus Among Other Gods” I fell in love with apologetics (defending the faith) and grew in my way of thinking and in so many ways.
Here are 10 quotes from Ravi Zacharias who forever impacted my life.
1. “Beginning well is a momentary thing; finishing well is a lifelong thing.” – Ravi Zacharias
2. “Only through repentance and faith in Christ can anyone be saved. No religious activity will be sufficient, only true faith in Jesus Christ alone.” – Ravi Zacharias
3. “Truth that is not undergirded by love makes the truth obnoxious and the possessor of it repulsive.” – Ravi Zacharias
4. “How do you reach a generation that hears with their eyes and thinks with their feelings?” – Ravi Zacharias
5. “All religions are not the same. All religions do not point to God. All religions do not say the same. At the heart of every religion is an uncompromising commitment to a particular way of defining who God is or is not and accordingly, of defining life’s purpose.” – Ravi Zacharias
6. “An argument may remove doubt, but only the Holy Spirit can convict of truth.” – Ravi Zacharias
7. “Pleasure without God, without the sacred boundaries, will actually leave you emptier than before.” – Ravi Zacharias
8. “The story of the gospel is the story of eternal life. My life is unique and will endure eternally in God’s presence. I will never be ‘no more’. I will never be lost because I will be with the one who saves me.” – Ravi Zacharias
9. “Outside of the cross of Jesus Christ, there is no hope in this world. That cross and resurrection at the core of the Gospel is the only hope for humanity. Wherever you go, ask God for wisdom on how to get that Gospel in, even in the toughest situations of life.”– Ravi Zacharias
10. “There can be no reproach to pain unless we assume human dignity, there is no reason for restraints on pleasure unless we assume human worthy, there is no legitimacy to monotony unless we assume a greater purpose to life, there is no purpose to life unless we assume design, death has no significance unless we seek what is everlasting.”– Ravi Zacharias
What other quotes would you add to this list?