We are in uncharted territory.
In a sense, yes, “There is nothing new under the sun” (Eccl 1:9), but in a lifetime for many, never have we seen something like this has turned our everyday living upside down. However though, this shouldn’t be surprising for believers as Christ said, “In the world you will have tribulation.” (John 16:33).
What Scripture or promise of God gets you through difficult situations?
Here are 20 Scriptural verses I pray that grants you comfort and soothe your weary soul.
1. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7).
2. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer 29:11).
3. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isa 26:3).
4. “But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.” (Micah 7:7).
5. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isa 41:10).
6. “Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.” (Jude 24-25).
7. “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?” (John 14:1-2).
8. “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.” (1 Pet 5:7).
9. “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.” (James 1:2-3).
10. “Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me; all day long an attacker oppresses me; my enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.” (Ps 56:1-3).
11. “I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the LORD sustained me.” (Ps 3:5).
12. “Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster.” (Joel 2:13).
13. “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living!” (Ps 27:13).
14. “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Cor 12:9-10).
15. “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4).
16. “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” (2 Pet 3:9).
17. “Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.” (Ps 16:9).
18. “Be content with what you have, for he has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’” (Heb 13:5).
19. “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” (Ps 46:10).
20. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” (Prov 3:5-6).
What other scriptural verses would you add to this list?